Monday, April 29, 2013

Monthly Beauty Favorites for April :)

Hello spring beauties! So April is almost over and I must say this has been the most insanely busy month for me but I had time to squeeze in a few awesome beauty finds! I decided I am going to start doing monthly beauty finds so check back every month to see what new products I am loving. Also I would love to hear about any amazing products that work for you so feel free to comment any suggestions you have for me. :)


1. So I am not going to save the best for the last, my #1 favorite beauty product of this month or maybe ever is in that little mystery vial, so what's in it you ask? Jojaba oil! I am going to go off on a major rant about this because it really is necessary. I don't know what it is but I cannot pronounce this word for the life of me..but in case you don't want to be laughed out of the health food store it is pronounced (Ho-Hobo oil) Just a helpful tip! This stuff is gold in a bottle and it only cost me $9. Any health food store or Whole Foods should have it, just make sure it is 100% pure jojaba to avoid any chemical ingredients added. So this has replaced my coconut oil obsession because for one thing, it is way more effective on my skin. If you've been following my Accutane posts you know that I am going through extremely dry skin. This got bad, reallyy bad. So the other day my mom told me I looked like I had fine lines ( I am 26 but everyone thinks I am 18) so this was not something I expected to hear. She told me about some girl at work using jojaba oil for her dry skin so we immediately went to the health food store to get some. I applied it as soon as I bought it, instant relief, no more fine lines.

When I had my derm appt. today my Dr. said my dryness was very mild compared to all her Accutane patients, I have been smothering my face in it and getting hardly any dry skin at all. Not only that, you get this beautiful dewy glow, not greasy looking. It just sinks right into the skin without leaving greasiness behind. It also works amazing as a makeup remover and cleansing oil, I have been using it for all three so it's a great multi-purpose product a.k.a. major money saver. I have done a little research and it is supposed to be great for oily, acne-prone skin as well, it mimics the sebum in our oil glands so putting this on your skin will essentially "trick" your skin into thinking it has produced enough oil. Therefore, reducing your oil and acne! So it is great for all skin types. I could go on about jojaba oil but I am done for now!

2. Laura Gellar Balance N Brighten in Sunswept
This blush has been a favorite of mine for a while but now that it's spring/summer I love that bronzey, rosey-ish look on the cheeks again. I use a regular matte bronzer to contour then I just dust this on the apples of my cheeks and up to my temples. It can work for both a highlight and a blush because it has a good amount of shimmer in it. I would recommend it for medium to darker skin because it does have a lot of darker tones so if you have a tan it will look super gorgeous and really compliment your complexion.

3. Coastal Scents Synthetic Classic Blending Brush
I have been looking for a new eyeshadow brush for a while but didn't want to spend a ton or compromise quality, this was definitely what I was looking for. It's a great crease brush or for just packing on color. I find it's really great for almost any kind of eyeshadow application but especially blending. You don't have to use precision at all, it basically does all the work for you. I hate to say it but it may replace my MAC #217 as my favorite, it definitely has more bang for the buck. They are pretty different but I think this brush is a lot more versatile if you only want to buy one or the other. The best thing about it is the price, only $2.49.

4. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
- So I have been on the BB cream bandwagon for a while but my favorite no longer works for my skin due to the dryness (I used Loreal Skin Beautifying BB cream before) I just feel like BB cream is made for summer, it's light-weight, offers sun protection and doesn't give you that cakey look or feel  that you really don't want when it's hot outside, so I went on a search to find a replacement for my Loreal. I needed one with at least medium coverage, a moisturizing effect and SPF. I have found this one at Ulta that exceeded my expectations. I feel like it has the perfect texture that imitates the look of skin and really enhances it at the same time. You will definitely get the dewy glow which I have always been a fan of while getting plenty of coverage.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice and interesting one..

How to use Accutane

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com