Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Accutane Update: 15 Day Review




As promised, I want to give you all an update on my Accutane/Myorisan situation. The pics are completely unedited which I'll have you know, I NEVER do and I am not wearing a drop of makeup so be kind! I have now been taking Accutane for 15 days so I wanted to let you see the progress! Let me tell you I am already impressed. I did have an initial breakout when I first started taking it which only lasted about a week and it was not much different than what I was dealing with before. Now that I have reached the clearing phase I am starting to see some real progress. I am a shameless skin picker and even that isn't stopping the medication from clearing my skin. You know how you pick a zit and the night before and the next day it is total volcano status? I totally pick and the next day it looks like I never even did anything and the zit I picked is already healing. Gotta love that, even though my results would be a lot quicker if I didn't pick. Anyways, I have had no new bumps whatsoever and I can't feel any on my face. Anything you see in these pictures is post-pimples that are just healing. The thing I love about Accutane is that it's a retinoid which causes your skin to peel like a lizard but leaves your skin looking so much smoother, even and radiant. Those with acne marks like me will definitely love this although your skin gets beyond dry and I am only in the first month. As you progress with treatment your symptoms will also progress which means even more dryness coming my way. That being said I am going to tell you how things have been going on the side effect front.

Symptoms I've had:

  • Dryness of the mouth, nose and lips-I put emphasis on the lips because you will be medicating your lips 24/7 with chapstick or heavy lubes like Aquaphor or Vaseline, this is a consistent symptom I have been experiencing.
  • Tiredness/fatigue- I only dealt with this about the first 3 days or so, I would take the Accutane and instantly feel like falling asleep. I started taking it at night because I have a hard time getting to sleep anyways but this subsided after the 3rd day. This is totally normal and is just your body getting used to absorbing the medication. 
  • Headaches-This is probably my most pesky symptom because I have a headache almost every day and really, nobody got time for that! lol. 
Other than that I truly haven't noticed anything but I will update you all again in another few weeks! Let me know if you have any questions on my treatment. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this..

How ton use Accutane

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com