Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: My Clip-in Hair Extensions from Luxy

All About my Luxyhair Clip-In's

While these extensions photograph well, there is a lot more to them then what meets the eye. First off, I have the 160 gram set in Mocha Brown if you were wondering. This is my first pair of clip-in extensions so I don't really have anything to compare them to but I will tell you my personal experience. The problem with these is you can't return them, in fact my boyfriend recklessly opened the package which immediately says void on the sticker once you tamper with it. Right away I was destined to be stuck with them. There is however, a small part of the package you can open without tampering the void sticker that contains a small sample of hair for matching purposes. If you are going to buy these do your research, thoroughly. 

I only read a couple reviews and somehow got the good side. There are many, many complaints on Youtube about these extensions, just type in luxyhair on Youtube and see what you get. I was hoping to have the fluke pair of extensions that were awesome like others had reported but I was not so lucky. I still wear them, so they are not all bad but if I had the chance  to redo it I would've ordered from somewhere else. Here are some of the downsides I experienced with the luxyhair clip-ins:

1. Very tangly: They are almost never tangle-free no matter how much I brush them and they get really matted if you wear them for very long.
2. Moderate shedding: Definitely a lot more than I would like. About a handful of strands every time I brush them.
3. Chunking: I'm not really sure what else to call this but basically the hair doesn't stay silky and uniform and starts to gather into chunks or sections. 
4. Residue- When I heat style them there is a black residue that gets into my flat iron, this was mentioned in other bad reviews as well, its a coating they use on the hair to make it all shiny.
5. Grey/Blonde Strands- I ordered the mocha brown, not blonde or grey lol..yeah I have a few random strands, quite a few actually that were missed in the dyeing process.
6. Very thin- Since I purchased the 160 gram set which was the thickest volume available at the time I figured I wouldn't have to wear every piece but because they are so thin I have to wear the whole set. My real hair sticks out from the extensions because it's a lot fuller than the luxy hair. I have to work pretty hard at blending them so they don't look so obvious. If you have medium to thick hair they are definitely not a good option, they now have a 220 gram set which of course is about $100 more. Not worth it for extensions that aren't very dreamy. 

Would I suggest spending $150 on these? Not at all. I have heard good things about Bellamihair and Myfantasyhair if you are in the market for good hair extensions. Read your reviews and see what they majority are saying, not everyone can be satisfied but the majority should be. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your way to enlighten everything on this blog is actually pleasant, everyone manage to efficiently be familiar with it, Thanks a great deal. 20 inch hair extensions

Unknown said...

Find details about curly virgin indian hair, malaysian hair extensions, Brazilian Human Hair Extensions and virgin brazilian hair extensionsat glamourweave.com

happyhair said...

Hey,
The way you explained each point with necessary details and maintained good balance between theory and practice is really commendable.

You can also go through our website http://www.happiehair.com/

Thanks a bunch for sharing.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com