Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Defined without the Drama

I love make-up. I'm a girly-girl to the core but lately I have been realizing how silly it is to spend a majority of your morning glued to the mirror, making sure you've mastered a flawless canvas of perfection. I will be the first to say my boyfriend hates it. He understands I feel "pretty" all painted up but he doesn't appreciate the stickiness of my lip gloss one bit. He is very playful, meaning: my makeup is a hot mess after about an hour. I soon started to realize there was no point, unless I'm going to be going out on the town I really don't think it's necessary or very practical to wear a face full of makeup on casual nights. That being said, I will either go bare-faced or try to keep my makeup very minimal.


My latest favorite is keeping things simple but defined. I love a defined eye; you look more awake, your eyes look wider and for me my eyes are my best feature so I'm not going to neglect them for a second. Here are a few defined looks without being dramatic as well as one of my favorite Youtube makeup gurus that really masters this look:








It might look easy enough to create the perfect natural look but its a lot more work in my opinion and you have to fight the urge to going postal with foundation and eye makeup (not so easy for me). The key here is knowing how much is enough and making sure to highlight your best features. 

My personal Take on the look: I used my L'Oreal BB Cream for some light coverage, dabbed on some concealer where I needed it and a light dusting of mineral powder over my whole face. I did some light contouring of my face with my NYC bronzer and I dabbed on some gel blush from Tarte in blushing bride. I also defined my eyebrows (one thing you should never bypass) and just lightly filled them out. I used a few coats of mascara, swiped on some naked eyeshadow from the naked palette on my eyelids and buck from the naked palette for a little definition under my eyes. Then i dabbed on some shimmery highlighter just on my eyelids and brow bone. I actually went hunting with this look if you can believe it, it definitely was perfect for the occasion! 

(sorry about the poor camera quality, I'm working on it!)



Just remember: Everyone is different when it comes to a natural makeup look, the fun part is creating your own and deciding where you need accentuating and what you can leave bare, the point is getting away with less than normal and playing up your natural beauty. Everyone has it, don't be afraid to let it shine! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com